To hold a Student Pilot Permit (SPP) a valid medical is required. Due to the processing time it is advised that you obtain a medical at the outset of your training.
The PSTAR exam (Pre-Solo Test on Air Regulations)is a Transport Canada requirement consisting of 50 multiple choice questions. These questions are taken directly from the PSTAR study guide.
The test for the Radio Telephone Operators Restricted Certificate (RTORC) is free & given by us. It permits the holder to use aviation radios.
- Radio Telephone Operators Restricted Certificate (RTORC) Study Guide
- Stratton - Domey Scholarship Fund
Open Book Aircraft Check Out Exams
Please see a dispatcher or instructor to obtain an access key.
- Access to our Learning Management System (Moodle) (note: need to set up login to this web site first. See "Login" link on the top right corner) If you need help on getting in, go to our Moodle help page.
- How to plan a cross-country trip
- Here is a real long flight, how it was planned and how it worked out. By Chris Hobbs
- RFC's podcasts
Transport Canada Flight Test Standards Guides
This is the detailed description of the elements of the flight tests for the different licences and ratings.
- Link to all Transport Canada Flight Test Guides
- Private Pilot Licence Flight Test Standards Guide
- Recreational Pilot Permit Flight Test Standards Guide
- Commercial Pilot Licence Flight Test Standards Guide
- Instrument Rating Flight Test Standards Guide
- Flight Instructor Rating Flight Test Standards Guide
- Multi-Engine Class Rating Flight Test Standards Guide
Written Exam Study Guides
Transport Canada Study and Reference Guides - These are guides for the written exams. There are also sample examinations with typical questions.
- Link to Transport Canada Study Guides
- Private Pilot Licence Study & Reference Guide
- Recreational Pilot Permit Study & Reference Guide
- Commercial Pilot Licence Study & Reference Guide
- Instrument Rating Study & Reference Guide
- Flight Instructor Rating Study & Reference Guide
- Sample Examination Recreational Pilot Permit & Private Pilot Licence 1.0MB download
Flight Instructor References
- Transport Canada Index of Flight Instructor Guides.
- Flight Instructor Guide - Aeroplane
- Instructor Guide to VFR-OTT
- Instructor Guide to GPS
- Instructor Guide - Seaplane Rating
- Garmin Simulators
- Hold practice tool by Michael Brown
- NDB track intercept practice tool by Michael Brown
- Aerotraining.com's Navigation training tool
- Very functional VOR simulator and other capabilities: LuizMontero.com Aviation Education
Check out the latest articles in our news section.
Please see a dispatcher or instructor to obtain an access key