- Before commencing flight training for the Class 4 Instructor Rating, an applicant shall hold a Commercial or Airline Transport License - Aeroplane and have completed a minimum of 20 hours instrument time, of which a minimum of 10 hours shall be instrument flight time.
- Before commencing ground training for the Class 4 Instructor Rating, an applicant shall have successfully completed the written examination and flight test for the Commercial Pilot License - Aeroplane
- An applicant must successfully complete a Transport Canada written exam
- An applicant must successfully complete a flight test with a Transport Canada examiner
- An applicant must have completed 60 hours of training, to include a minimum of 30 hours Instructor Rating ground school instruction and 30 hours dual flight instruction
The following is representative of the fees incurred using a Cessna 150, based on the minimum course requirements as stipulated by Transport Canada. Additional instruction may be required to achieve the proficiency necessary to obtain an Instructor Rating
|30 hrs. Dual (C150)||@ $197.00 / hour||(30 hours)||$5,910.00|
|30 hrs. Ground Instruction||@ $64.00 / hour||(30 hours)||$1,920.00|
|Written test fee||$35.00|
|Flight Test Fee||$200.00|
Other costs to be aware are registration costs of $200 and materials of $300.
Please do not hesitate to consult a member of our staff for additional information.