You are a motivated AME, focused on working at the skilled craftsmen level involving the repair, rebuilding, or overhaul, maintenance, and servicing of aircraft. You possess your AME licence and have previously worked on single engine piston fixed wing aircraft. Under the direction of a qualified Director of Maintenance (DOM), you will join our skilled team of aviation professional at the Rockcliffe Flying Club, servicing our fleet of aircraft and the planes of our members and visitors.
- Ensuring that all maintenance procedures are carried out as per the maintenance schedule and/or the manufacturer’s maintenance manual, and the MPM;
- Ensuring that all defects, both airworthy and non-airworthy are reported to the DOM and recorded on the appropriate company maintenance defect sheet(s);
- Ensuring that the DOM is made aware of all aircraft release certifications;
- Ensuring that all aeronautical products installed on all aircraft have proper certification;
- Ensuring that all unserviceable aeronautical products are properly tagged with the company unserviceable tags and placed in the quarantine stores;
- Carries out assignments of daily aircraft maintenance and overhaul program as directed by the DOM;
- Checks condition of aircraft and engine, makes repairs, replacements, and adjustments, in accordance with approved maintenance procedures;
- Performs independent and critical task checks;
- May direct the work of a number of Mechanics and Trade Helpers;
- Accurately completes all paperwork for assigned tasks in a timely manner;
- Troubleshoots faulty systems to determine a course of rectification; and
- Performs various duties including engine runs and aircraft towing.
- Must hold a valid AME license
- Thorough knowledge of aircraft maintenance procedures and inspection systems;
- Knowledge of aircraft materials and parts and the regulations governing their acceptance for registered aircraft and the process of quarantine action;
- Knowledge of safety precautions and fire prevention;
- Ability to select and record data necessary to substantiate airworthiness;
- Proficiency in the use of measuring instruments and test equipment;
- Valid Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s Licence issued by the Ministry of Transportation;
- Physically capable of performing the duties assigned;
- Previous experience with fixed wing aircraft, preferably piston engines or other small aircraft;
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills;
- Ability to take direction and learn quickly;
- Proven observational, decision-making and time management skills;
- Mechanically inclined, ability to work with your hands;
- Computer knowledge;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (Bilingualism is an asset);
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Radio operator’s licence; and
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as work independently.
- Evening shifts and weekend shifts may be required at the discretion of the DOM.
- Work may be done away from base at the discretion of the DOM.
If you are interested, please forward your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com